Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Less is More...

It's hard to bring in a new style that’s original and sets you apart from your peers. Instead lets set ourselves apart from everyone else, in a good way, by using less time in creating perfection. This year is a new year, so why not be more confident with your style as well as take some time back from your morning routine by taking less time to get ready.

I am all about time management and doing my daily routine as quickly as possible so I can save more time in the morning to do other things that I usually forget because I am focusing so much of my time on getting the right look such as, cleaning my room or even eating breakfast at times. I figured out if I take away less time away from trying to perfect my outfit, then I would have time in the morning to myself. I noticed that when I put too much effort into my outfit, it never turns out the way I want it and all that time was wasted on trying to perfect an outfit that I know longer want to wear anymore. So, I usually just change that outfit and get dressed in the nic-of time and it works out. Less is definitely more this year! The less time and effort you use in an outfit and trying to look perfect the more your outfit looks effortless and usually turns out better than you thought it would.





The key to looking effortless but still cute this new year is to most importantly take less time into getting together and not trying to get everything perfect. So what if you’re not matching and mixing different prints together, it usually works out cute and chic anyways. This year I’m not all about matching and getting things right, I like that I would mix purple and green together with gray and black. Even though these colors may not even usually look good together. So mix different patterns together. The key to pulling off not matching is to keep one neutral color such as black or gray, or even creme or a tanish brown color. The key to pulling off mixed prints is to keep it the same color. For instance you can mix florals with stripes just as long as there is one key color that they have in common which is usually black. So go out and take on this new year by saving some time as well. Take risks and remember less is more in 2011.




-- Jamiah Lashay (Berkeley High School, Age 16)
Jr Correspondent

No comments:

Post a Comment