Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Must Haves: From the Bold to the Beautiful

Finding products that benefit the new season, your pocket, and your face can be a bit tricky. Even I have had a hard time throwing away last season’s favorite lipstick and skin application in hopes of embracing new ones. Oddly, one of the best benefits of the summer is finding new products that attract your beauty type and scream “I’m ready for summer!” So let’s all embrace summer with a new attitude. This is the perfect time to try something new and fresh while keeping some change in your pocket.

It’s taken some extensive research on my part, but I think I found some great items to get all of you “fashionistas” ready for summer!

Summer must have #1: Skin CoCo Butter (the yellow stick)
I don’t know about many of you but as a black woman the sun sure does take a toll on my skin type during the summer. Drying it out excessively, I ran to Wal-Mart for this summer must have! Not only is it accessible and cheap but it works!

Price: $3-$5




Summer must have #2: Mac Lipstick (Ruby Woo A20)
I believe that every girl must have at least one shade of a bold lip color. Red is the new everything when it comes to being bold and glamorous! With a chic yet casual outfit or even a little black dress, this lipstick can be worn both to the grocery store and a hip event! I found this amazing choppy color at one of several Mac stores.

Price:$15.00


Summer must have #3: Reclaim (for those looking to reclaim your skin for the summer)

This product truly fits all age groups. My mom presented this summer find to me last summer when I was having extreme issues with acne. With just one package lasting me over a year, I must admit this amazing find saved my skin! With organic melodies to help conquer those everlasting pimples, Reclaim had my skin looking brand new within weeks! (www.principalsecret.com)

Price:$20.00 (for a complete set!)


Summer must have #4: Maybelline Volum Express Mascara (Turbo Boost)

Since the invention of Eyelash Extensions long eyelashes seem to be what many women long for nowadays. Wanting long eyelashes without the hassle of getting extensions is what forced me to hit the beauty stores. Once I found this summer find I was in for a treat! With a great affordable price under its belt and an amazing stick application, this summer find is one that must be held onto tightly! You can find this product at your local Wal-mart or beauty store!

Price:$6.00

Summer must have #5: Shady lady Eye Shadow

I found this summer must have at Sephora. Not only does this compact have a wide range of fierce color shades, it also last for a long time! Mixing both the ‘bold and the beautiful’, the Shady Lady compact can bring out your soft sensual side or your ‘I’m ready for summer’ attitude!

Price:$16-20.00





-- Nyvia Weathersby
Guest Blogger
Nyvia is a fashion journalist based in Los Angeles. She started her creative writing journey at age 14. Nyvia aspires to change the world and inspire her readers with words full of empowerment and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment