Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Jams

Music has always been a part of my summers. From the backyard bbqs to the family roadtrips, there has always been a song that reminds me of a particular moment. Now that school is officially out, it's time to load up your iPod or MP3 player with your favorite summer jams. So if you could pick 10 songs to get you amped for summer what would they be?

Here's my top 10 summer playlist:

10. Beyonce - Summertime

Whenever I hear this song, I immediately think of summer and me driving in a drop top with that special someone. The perfect summer love song :)

9. Justin Timberlake - Summer Love

Another fun summer love song.


8. Bobby Valentino - Slow Down


This song brings me back to the summer of '04. I remember hearing this song on the radio. I would always hear people singing the first part of the song, "Slow down...I just wanna get to know you." But no one knew the artist's name...lol. I eventually found out it was Bobby Valentino that fall.


7. Aaliyah - Rock the Boat


When I hear this song, I think of the video that was shot on a Caribbean island. I always picture myself trying to do the dance moves like Aaliyah on the boat.


6. Mariah Carey - Sweet Fantasy (Remix)


This is one of my favorite MC songs. I especially love Ol' Dirty Bastard's verse "Me and Mariah go back like babies and pacifiers." (lol) The song is really fun and I always think of carnivals because of the video.

5. Tupac - I Get Around

I remember seeing this video as a little girl and they seemed to be having so much fun at the pool party...lol.

4. TI - Whatever You Like

A catchy song to sing on roadtrips.

3. The Doveshack - Summertime in the LBC

My personal favorite...especially since it's about my hometown LONG BEACH! In high school, everytime this song would play my friends and I would go crazy. It was kinda cool to have song made especially about our city.

2. Usher - OMG

It took a while for this song to grow on me. I have to admit I didn't really like the techno sound of it, but like I said it has definitely grown on me. Whenever I hear the song I think of a party. OMG is the official summer party song in my book.

1. DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - Summertime

As soon as you hear this song on the radio you know it's summer no matter how old you are.

And there you have it…the soundtrack to my summer. I’m sure as the summer moves along, there will be a ton of new songs to add to the list. So, what's the soundtrack to your summer?




--Tymika Morrison
Brownstone Team

No comments:

Post a Comment